Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with reading schematic

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Nice ring of fire :)
Where did you get it?

Whipped it up in my image editor, PhotoImpact my go to alternative to Photoshop...

If you want I can whip up one on a neutral/transparent background for generic use? *Edit attached...

Ok now what is a lm117 is it a intergrated circut (IC)
Yep...

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
most probably, tho they are more likely to sell the LM317 ( its the same thing)

cost you maybe ~ $2.50

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062601

Do note you will also need the support components... The capacitors and resistors as well as a pot if you want to dynamically adjust it...

You would be better off purchasing all these components online, even for a small project like this you will easily negate the shipping cost of online suppliers with the huge markup RatShack charges...

Skaterboyincr

Nov 1, 2012
No insault taken i am very new to this and i fund it a lot if fun i really enjoy it that kit is amazing but what is a heatsink

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
No insault taken i am very new to this and i fund it a lot if fun i really enjoy it that kit is amazing but what is a heatsink

google heatsink

this project as others have hinted at is well above your abilities. You should be starting with the basics of electronics and learning from there
there are many online electronics tutorials, just google for them, learn what a resistor and a capacitor etc are and what they do in a circuit

then and only then start with some basic circuit building, a battery a LED and a resistor.
from all your comments I'm also assuming you probably dont have a soldering iron and you dont know how to solder ??
This is another skill you will need to learn to do really well else you will also end up with failures in the circuits you build in the future

D

Last edited:

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012

You really should befriend Google he is one smart cookie that is able to answer most generalized questions without flaw...

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Without a heatsink the input voltage range should really be limited on that kit, unless the draw is very low...

Good point. I didn't notice that they didn't supply it. ;)

Chris

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
Good idea lets put one of those in but how do you install one of those

With a screw, nut and some thermal compound. The LM317 has a hole in the heat sink tab to mount it.

Chris

Edit: I just saw CC's post reiterating use of Google... Yeah, that too!

BTW, where are you located?

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I repeat my earlier post.....

this project as others have hinted at is well above your abilities. You should be starting with the basics of electronics and learning from there
there are many online electronics tutorials, just google for them, learn what a resistor and a capacitor etc are and what they do in a circuit

then and only then start with some basic circuit building, a battery a LED and a resistor.
from all your comments I'm also assuming you probably dont have a soldering iron and you dont know how to solder ??
This is another skill you will need to learn to do really well else you will also end up with failures in the circuits you build in the future

Dave

CDRIVE

May 8, 2012
I repeat my earlier post.....

Dave

Amen to that brother!

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Yes google is good i thought it would be better asking experienced people

But, understand that we are much happier helping people that help themselves first... If there is a specific question or you need more info than you found in a Google search that you did first that is a much better use of our time vs retyping what can easily be found in Google by yourself...

Also take note to what Dave said, it's pretty obvious you are well in over your head and at that point it's best you learn to crawl before you attempt to walk...

Last edited by a moderator: