Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with reading UPS drawing

gubavac111

May 18, 2019
Hello, everybody, this is my first post.

I would like to ask for help with analysing drawing of a certain UPS. This UPS converts 3-phase 440VAC to 48VDC.

It would mean a world to me if someone could try to explain what they see in this drawing. I get stuck really quickly.

All I see is the Mains power going to Transformer TP and after that to some thyristor block??? I suppose capacitors CF1 and CF2 and inductors LF1 and LF2 should smooth the dc voltage….i don’t know…

I mean, I understand that 440VAC needs to be stepped down to some voltage and rectified to DC and then somehow the batteries need to be charged. But if someone could tell me in greater details what is going on on this drawing, I would really be suuuuuper happy.

For example:

1. What is the purpose of capacitors C1, C2, C3?

2. How are the batteries charged?

3. What is the purpose of TS (serial regulator)?

4. What is the purpose of PL (Pilot board)?

I have so many questions, but I would be more than happy if someone could answer only these for the beginning. You can check out the drawing and markings below. Many thanks for any help!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 14

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi there
Welcome to EP :)

You can check out the drawing and markings below.

really too difficult to read with any ease

1. What is the purpose of capacitors C1, C2, C3?

I couldn't even find those

any chance in a larger and clearer image ... somewhere around 1024x 768 as a better size ... keep the kb size to ~ 100kb

cheers
Dave

gubavac111

May 18, 2019
Hi there
Welcome to EP :)

really too difficult to read with any ease

I couldn't even find those

any chance in a larger and clearer image ... somewhere around 1024x 768 as a better size ... keep the kb size to ~ 100kb

cheers
Dave
Hi davenn,

Thank you for your reply. I didn't find any tools to increase the size of the picture, unfortunately, but after you click on the picture, you can choose to open it in the new window (if you click on the "diagonal arrow" in the upper right corner) and then you can zoom in on the picture. That's the best I can do, unfortunately.

Actually, my problem with this UPS is that it trips intermittently due to High output voltage. What do you think might be the the most likely reason(s)?