Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with Relay Circuit, Momentary Switch

DetoitDevo

Mar 2, 2012
Hello All I am new here today and happy I found this forum, after spending some time searching for an answer in the forum I decided to just post.

I have a new van and we want to wire up our safety strobes to one of the OEM switches we are adding to keep the look/feel stock. This switch is a momentary rocker switch from the factory and I have been told in order to activate the strobes I will need to have a relay that can activate the momentary switch with a latch divide by 2. This is so greek to me and I was hoping someone might want to take me on as a challenge and help solve my problem. I can build and solder but I am not an engineer so any help would be appreciated.

We need to power via 12v the LED Strobe module so I want to press the dash button once to activate and press again to deactivate.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
It would be easier to have one button to activate a latched relay and another button to unlatch it. Then no electronic circuitry would be needed. Is this adequate?

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
You can also get push button latching switches. One push to go, second push to stop.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
No, I do not know how!

Maplin show three latching push button switches.
N80CL
N73CL
N72CL
Doubtless there are many other places where these can be obtained.