Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with Thermistor

dontpresstheredbutton

Feb 10, 2022
Hi guys, I don't know much about circuit boards so I'm wondering if someone can identify & tell me if there is a Thermistor on this board which is on a printhead from Epson. I'll provide a pic but otherwise these Epson part codes may give you a better look on a image search.
F05505 F055090 F055050 F055030 Epson DX2
Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• p.JPG
    p.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 9

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
so I'm wondering if someone can identify & tell me if there is a Thermistor on this board which is on a printhead from Epson.

I dont see a thermistor on that board

Dont you have a larger photo to make ID easier ?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Why do you think there's a thermistor on any of those particular printheads?

dontpresstheredbutton

Feb 10, 2022
The printheads go in the Roland CJ_500 large format printer. It was working fine then I took one of the heads out to clean it. When I put it back in and turned on, I got an error code saying the machine was to cold to operate. When I looked online the only information I could find was a small part of the maintenance manual that says the temperature or Thermistor is read on the Printhead.

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
I would expect any visible thermistor to be a non-descript surface-mount device (SMD) component (such as this example), visually similar to a SMD capacitor or resistor. It might even be an internal component in a multi-pinned IC. However, thermistors are generally very reliable and my guess is that the problem is more likely due to a faulty re-connection between the printhead and the machine.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Is there anyway of finding a schematic for the printhead?
Considering the policy of printer manufacturers with respect to protection against cheap knock-offs: very unlikely.
part of the maintenance manual that says the temperature or Thermistor is read on the Printhead.
Does it state "temperature" or does it state explicitly "thermistor"?
Temperature can be measured in manifold ways, even by the ´voltage across a diode or a bipolar transistor's B-E leg. Modern temperature sensors often come as integrated circuits with a digital interface.
When I put it back in and turned on, I got an error code
Have you tried to remove it, clean all contacts and reinstall it? make sure the printhead is seated firmly in the printer.