Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Helper instruments co SM1000

Donald Henderickx

Oct 12, 2015
Would anyone have any experience with troubleshooting a Helper SM1000 service monitor.
Service manual or schematics (if they ever were available) would be great.

bob91343

Mar 24, 2010
I found a user manual at mods.dk but you will have to register to download it. I downloaded it but it's sketchy. No luck with service manual. I have a Singer/Gertsch FM-10 that needs some work but I think I am going to part it out, unless someone wants to have a go at it.

Donald Henderickx

Oct 12, 2015
Thank You . I have the original users manual and as you stated it is very sketchy. I also have S/G FM-10 which worked the last time I tried it. I have all the manuals for the FM-10 if they would help you. My experience with the FM-10 is if it has been siting for any length of time is to spray the bank of switches with radio shack or equivalent switch/pot cleaner and it will wake up.
Thanks again for trying to find a service manual for me.

bob91343

Mar 24, 2010
Thank You . I have the original users manual and as you stated it is very sketchy. I also have S/G FM-10 which worked the last time I tried it. I have all the manuals for the FM-10 if they would help you. My experience with the FM-10 is if it has been siting for any length of time is to spray the bank of switches with radio shack or equivalent switch/pot cleaner and it will wake up.
Thanks again for trying to find a service manual for me.
Frankly I don't really want the FM-10. It's too big and heavy, and I have other instruments that can do the same job better. It was given to me and after spending a couple of hours with it,, I realized that it doesn't fit in with the rest of my lab. I did some switch spraying but that didn't solve all of its problems. So my plan is to tear it apart and throw away most of it. I tried to unload it on ebay without success. Of course, packing and shipping for a bulky 50 pound instrument wouldn't be cheap for anyone but a local buyer.

I also have problems with other obsolete gear, such as a Leader 322 signal generator that would be nice to have. It has dropped out of phase lock and so far I haven't been able to repair it.

Good luck with your Helper unit. There are so many units out there that only need a bit of help.

StormyJim

Oct 20, 2022
I have the original lab copy of the SM1000 service manual.
Only six printed, probably the last remaining copy.
Technical Director Helper Instruments Co. '80s and one of the engineers who designed it.
email me [email protected]

StormyJim

Oct 20, 2022
Donald, I have the original lab copy of the SM1000 service manual.
technical director Helper Instruments CO '80s and one of the engineers who designed it.
Only six were printed, probably the only remaining copy.
email me: [email protected]