Maker Pro
Maker Pro

hi i need alittle help here

daniel90

Apr 8, 2016
I own a bar and I have a quarter toss game it where you try and put a quarter in the can what I want to do is when it goes in the can it make a red light go off. I know it can be done just don't know the best way to do it. also when the quarter goes in it trips the switch and then it falls out the bottom of the can that way I don't have to empty the can. any thoughts would be great thanks for your time. danny

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
What if you made a little chute for the quarter, like a cone in the bottom of the can and so the quarter always dropped through. You could then use a break beam of some kind to trigger the light.
Adam

ankit guhe

Apr 8, 2016
put a ultrasonic or IR and RED Light in the can and program it so whenever an object is detected inside the can it glows up ? i don't know is this what u r looking for.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Maybe a small trap-door on the bottom of the can would work. When the quarter lands on the bottom its weight opens the door downward. A sensor detects when the door opens and lights the red light. Circuit for detecting that the door has opened could be either a manual reset or a time-delay to reset. Either way, the quarter drops down and the light goes on. This could be a GREAT GAME if the can had a ring catch-tray that collected all the coins that were previously tossed in the can, but only the coin that goes through the hole in the center would trip the trap door. Whoever tosses the coin that opens the door "wins" a drink and perhaps half of the coins, but all the remaining coins previously tossed in are kept by the bar owner. Personally, I liked dropping quarters into a large pickle jar filled with water that had a shot glass at the bottom. You win a free drink if your quarter finds its way into the shot glass. Proceeds to charity of course!:D