Maker Pro
Maker Pro

High temperature controller circuit

Panagiotis

Sep 12, 2016
Hello to all,

i am metallurgist so i need your help!
I want to build a small scale furnace with maximum working temperature 1200 °C. The resistances will work with 220 V and i want to design the controller circuit. So the circuit input will be a K-type thermocouple voltage. The circuit output will be the current to the heating resistances. Its function is quite simple; once the thermocouple temperature is lower than the valuse setted by the user, the hearing resistances will be one, else will be of.

Could somebody please help me simply by showing me something similar? Or advise me where i could find more information about this, without the need of using a whole handbook :)

Thank you in advance.
Panagiotis

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Welcome to EP!
Perhaps something like this would be a starting point. Further signal conditioning would be needed, for driving an SSR or similar.

Panagiotis

Sep 12, 2016
Thank you very much for the suggestion. Is there any page where i can find a schetch of the circuit?
Additionally, do you think that after the connection of SSR this is fine? I mean no other itams are needed?

Thank you in advance

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
Is there any page where i can find a schetch of the circuit?
Googling 'thermostat circuit' brings up lots of hits.
I mean no other itams are needed?
Presumably you will be using an MCU for the comparator/setting functions in the signal conditioning stage? The SSR should be the last link in the chain, unless the heating devices and switching operations you specify generate EMI which needs suppression.