Maker Pro
Maker Pro

High Temperature environment proximity sensor switch.

ges4ever

Dec 9, 2015
Ladies and Gentlemen

I seek the knowledge of the forum to discover if anyone knows of a suitable product for an application.

I am trying to discover a suitable proximity sensor that is capable of operating in an environment where ambient temperatures can reach 200°C.

The function involves a cylinder with an internal diameter of 25mm and body length of 50mm, where a piston then enters in cylinder in two stages.

The design involves mounting two switches on the outside casing of the cylinder body so the sensors size must suitable, ideally a mechanical switch / proximity sensor in a threaded screw body would work best for my needs.

I have found many products online that match my needs apart from the maximum working temperature.

I have come across a company in Japan called “Metrol precision switches” that produces suitable products but so far they have not replied to my enquires and I am unable to discover a UK supplier.

If anyone can recommend a suitable product or have different solutions then I will truly appreciate any and all input.

Regards

Ges4ever

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Sounds to me like you need to start looking for a company that does custom work.
I am assuming this is going to require a particular pressure threshold also.
I'd start with somebody that does work with military contracts. Vehicle manufacturer's maybe?
Large diameter gun barrel stress reading or vehicle engine manufacturer contractor?
What's at the other end of your piston, is it possible to read the upper limit of the piston at the bottom of
the piston up-stroke? That might reduce your temperature requirements.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Maybe use whatever operates the piston to get to a cooler environment.