Maker Pro
Maker Pro

hobby time

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
Mammoth_Tank_mk_III_by_Punakettu.jpg

OK so this has been taking some time but my mind has stuck. the base is easy as heck but I cannot find anything that will show me how to build the turret and get it to fire. I was thinking about destroying a nerf gun to get it to work but I was wondering if anyone had an easy method to do this, it does have to be dual cannons that is the issue I have

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Two push solenoids...

If you want to get real fancy, get two small solenoid valves and use small CO2 tanks out of BB guns... Or you can get the trigger mechanism out of a paintball gun and automate that...

Another option that is clean and fun is to purchase two cheap electronic airsoft guns, and simply adapt the firing mechanisms...

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
I am loooking at foam darts, australian laws on projectile weapons are pretty strict so will not be able to get away with much else (we need a license to own a paintball gun)

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Nerf guns are just spring loaded plungers that *POOF* a small amount of air, nothing fancy... You could take a syringe body and spring load the plunger, with a catch... Release the catch and the spring drives the plunger forward and gives you the *POOF* of air... You could even use rubber bands instead of a spring, or get fancy and use a solenoid to push the plunger...

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
yeah I was looking at the solenoid approach, but I want a few extra shots before having to reload. I was trying to get something that would be easy to reload as well. I would ideally like it to be like a hand gun, magazine at the back it fires from back of barrel.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
The kids in these videos are annoying but it's a quick solution if you have the room... you just need to replace the trigger with a solenoid...

With a little work on a more properly sized barrel and better cylinder to barrel fit you can probably get some decent velocity...

Last edited: