Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Home automatic watering system

Nowty

Aug 26, 2018
hello, I have a project of an automatic irrigation system, I already made the circuit but I wanted to know what values of the components could improve, and if they can teach me the mathematical formula also would be fine

Explaining the circuit, there are 2 parts, the source circuit, and the control circuit, I would like to know what needs to be improved at the source, and that it does not need many components, and the control circuit, the mosfet is in responsable of reading the digital state of the soil moisture sensor, and the 2n3906 transistor is responsible for reading the lowest water level sensor of the reserve tank, to avoid that the water pump burns for not having water

Thanks to all

Attachments

• circuit2.png
    circuit2.png
    218.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Sistema de riego automático.rar
    90.3 KB · Views: 17

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
Welcome.
Is it for a home or is it for irrigation ? You mention both. Is there a raised cistern ? Is there a reservoir ? Or the pump intake is a mains pipe ?

You can use two float switches in series.
One in the reservoir and one in the raised cistern.

120V-------------------./ .-----------------./ .----------------pump-----------neutral

When the reservoir has low level, switch opens and stops the pump.
When the raised reservoir is filled, switch opens and stops the pump.

iu

----> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Float_switch
For pumping to happen, reservoir must have proper water level and the raised cistern should not be full, turning both float switches on.

Some float switches usually contain mercury in a glass vial with electrodes. The sinking or floating action contacts or not the electrodes, are highly reliable.
iu

Last edited: