Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hooking wall mounting car headlights to music

Trey

Mar 31, 2015
Hello everyone,

My boss has asked me to set up something for him and I'm a little lost. He wants a set of old car headlights he has on his wall to flash in sync with his sound system. I've already used a transformer to step down the voltage to the required levels to power the lights (and they work), the problem I'm having now is how to wire in the music. From this point on I am out of my comfort zone. So my question is, can I wire a solenoid or a relay in between the transformer and the lights and drive it with the the signal from the music to get the results he wants?

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Easiest way might be to hook them up to an audio amp through a transformer. How much current do they draw, and at what voltage?

Bob

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
Hello everyone,

My boss has asked me to set up something for him and I'm a little lost. He wants a set of old car headlights he has on his wall to flash in sync with his sound system. I've already used a transformer to step down the voltage to the required levels to power the lights (and they work), the problem I'm having now is how to wire in the music. From this point on I am out of my comfort zone. So my question is, can I wire a solenoid or a relay in between the transformer and the lights and drive it with the the signal from the music to get the results he wants?

Google: color organ

Ken

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
OK for each lamp ? that's 240W each!
you are going to need a very significant power supply

you need to give us lots more and much clearer info

have you googled Colour Organ yet ?

Dave

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Hook them in series to a 500W car audio amp that you can buy for < $100 on Ebay. You will also need a 12V 40A supply.

Bob