Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hopefully simple question about mobile phone motherboard.

akornj

Apr 26, 2017
Hi all,

I replaced the battery in my Z5 compact a few weeks back and after reassembling the phone the wifi and bluetooth range became very weak. Both functions now only have a range of a couple of feet. The diagnostics say the functions are 100% working, so I assume I have a bad connection somewhere that needs to be made good again.

I took some pics here http://imgur.com/a/W5sNe My question is, what are those copper pads circled in yellow? They line up to certain spring loaded connectors on the motherboard. If you look at the last two pictures I cleaned one of the pads and you can clearly see that there is a indent in the pad (they are all like it),, so they look a little bit anti tamper as the copper is very soft and is easily damaged/marked. I peeled one pad off and the back was black. So are they conductive and just like a shim or are they a shield that's blocking the spring connector from grounding?

Any pointers would be most appreciated!

AJ

Last edited:

akornj

Apr 26, 2017
lol... the problem existed before I took off the pad. I peeled it off to see how easily they came off, with the hope they could possible be turned around to give a fresh point of contact. Unfortunately once peeled off the pad rolled up and lost its adhesiveness, hence my question about what these pads actually are?

I've done a lot of reading over the last week and have gotten nowhere, so I figured it was time to start asking around.