Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Horizontal one line on my sharp tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyfre

Jul 11, 2015
Can somebody help me to solve the horizontal one line of my sharp tv,,,teach me how to check if the vertical ic is still good..TA8403 is the vertical ic

Last edited by a moderator:

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Can sambody help me to solve the horizontal one line of my sharp tv,,,teach me how to check if the vertical ic is still good..TA8403 is the vertical ic
What are your experiences with electronics thus far?
The operating voltages within a Cathode Ray tube based television set can be very high and very dangerous.
Your problem lies in the control logic, the driver, or the deflection coils... I would encourage you to drop it off for repair and work on something else to learn.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Can sambody help me to solve the horizontal one line of my sharp tv,,,teach me how to check if the vertical ic is still good..TA8403 is the vertical ic

don't worry about checking it its likely to be one of or a combination of ....

that IC or the electrolytic capacitors around it .....
you could replace the several caps first and see if that solves the problem
if not then replace the IC

There are no high voltages directly assoc with that IC
just watch out for ( don't go near) the EHT lead between the line output transformer and the back of the tube

Jyfre

Jul 11, 2015
Ive study consumer electronics on tesda school,but it is 3months only,..by the way i already check voltage going to vertical ic and it is present on it,,also the caps,,,,..it seems i ned to replaced ic?tnx for somehelp,,,

Jyfre

Jul 11, 2015
The firts problem of this sharp tv is power standby,,the green ligth turns into red after a few seconds,then i do pressing the channel down button and volume up button to power up it but the next problem after powering up is horizontal one line.

Jyfre

Jul 11, 2015
Is it posible that the problem of my tv is jungle ic?,,because the first problem appear on my tv while im powering up is standby power,,then i do pressing channel down and volume up button at the same time it goes to power up but horizontal one line is the next problem...nid ur advice...tnx

Jyfre

Jul 11, 2015
Can i ask another question,,i encounter blown fuse and main filter capacitor on my astron crt tv..ived already change power regulator ang horizontal output transistor,,but fuse are blown again...nid ur help,,,tnx

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
without a lot of indepth testing, very difficult to say

I thought, going by your initial report, that all that was wrong was the vertical collapse
which would have been an easy repair

With all these other problems, I suspect you are really out of your depth now, get a quote to repair from a local service centre ... OK

Jyfre

Jul 11, 2015
I ned some advice for this and what i am going to do for repairing diy..

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
please reread the last line of my previous post
it's best and safest option :)

Dave

Jyfre

Jul 11, 2015
Thank you for your advice,,but like for sambody that cant afford to go for service center and to pay it is not helpfull advice,,,.actually its not my own tv,,its on my neighbor and i just want to help too just to fix it...thank you dave...for your fruitfull post

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
no probs Jyfre

I understand the situation in the Philippines, my wife is from there and I have been there often
and I know you guys always love to repair whatever you can
You just need to understand that something that has become as complex as the problems you are describing
isn't likely to be easily repaired via a forum. It needs hands on with good access to test gear and spare parts and service info ( circuit diagrams etc)

with the lack of skills you currently have, it would be too dangerous for us to offer suggestions via the forum
as we wouldn't want you to injure or electrocute yourself if you did the wrong something and we weren't there to supervise you

Hope you can understand that :)

Dave

Jyfre

Jul 11, 2015
Ok dave,sorry for what i have say before,,,i just realy want to help other thats why am eager to catch/got kn0wledge from others to help me to do this,,by the way it is realy nice that your wife is filipino,,,..again sorry dave for what i have done b4

Jyfre

Jul 11, 2015
If u dont mind can u pleas teach me how to check this problem step by step,,,..dont you worry for the safety..,i am aware of high voltage and already knew how to use multimeter..but lack of knowledge in crt tv...

Jyfre

Jul 11, 2015
Sir colin whatvis the dry joint?,what do you mean wiggle the board?'

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
sorry for your own safety, Im closing this thread

Jyfre, PLEASE seek some local help from someone skilled in electronics who can stand beside you and guide you.

I really don't want you to get electrocuted

Status
Not open for further replies.