Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hot air rework tool

Cirkit

Oct 28, 2015
I bought a DrillPro hot air gun, but recently it fell apart when changing the nozzles. The internal glass insulator around the heating element broke off together with the outer metal casing which was crimped on at the base.

DrillPro heat gun.jpg

The WEP 8508D was purchased as a replacement but the air compressor rattled with the casing and was really loud! Not sure if this was a fault but it has been returned!

8508D.jpg

Any recommendations for a good, relatively cheap hot air rework tool?

Thanks.

dorke

Jun 20, 2015
I have the Saike 8858 for about 2 years .
I'm not using it on a daily basis, very pleased with it.

Cirkit

Oct 28, 2015
I have the Saike 8858 for about 2 years .
I'm not using it on a daily basis, very pleased with it.

Thanks, for the suggestion. I don't use one daily either at the moment. Just for occasional use to remove parts or for heatshrink tubing.

HellasTechn

Apr 14, 2013
Pro'sKit ss-969.

It may sound strange but yes Pro'sKit makes very decent tools.

Temprature reading is pretty accurate, it has a fan speed knob and takes a few seconds to reach desiered temprature. Plus it automatically goes into "cooldown mode" when you place the gun on the holder keeping the fan on untill temp goes below 100deg. and resumes when you lift it again.

There are review's for this in youtube like the following:

you could probably get it for like 50-60 euro.

Cirkit

Oct 28, 2015
Pro'sKit ss-969.

It may sound strange but yes Pro'sKit makes very decent tools.

Temprature reading is pretty accurate, it has a fan speed knob and takes a few seconds to reach desiered temprature. Plus it automatically goes into "cooldown mode" when you place the gun on the holder keeping the fan on untill temp goes below 100deg. and resumes when you lift it again.

There are review's for this in youtube like the following:

you could probably get it for like 50-60 euro.

It looks identical to the 858D model? I have used the 858D, it has a blower fan integral within the hand piece rather than a compressor in the main unit.

Would be useful to know what others on here use too?