Maker Pro
Maker Pro

how can i programme some apollo smoke detectors with xpert card (Kentec Electronics Ltd)

Mahmoud_nasr

Mar 20, 2023
I want to program 4 apollo xp95 smoke detectors which are linked in series with an stm32, esp32 or arduino card this detector contains only 2 power supply wires please who can help me.
the datasheet of this detector is below

Attachments

• Apollo_XP95_Addressable_Detectors.en.fr.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I want to program 4 apollo xp95 smoke detectors which are linked in series with an stm32,
What do you mean 'program'??

They are interlinked in order to activate all the devices in the case of just one detecting the fire. If you change that functionality they no longer do as they are intended and they are designed and sold for use in countries where the regulations INSIST that such smoke/fire detectors DO activate all devices in case of a fire.

In other words you are making them 'illegal'...

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The data sheet you link to shows the basic schematic of the power and data lines (both are the same) and it should be relatively simple to extract that data as required using the same 'bridge-and-transistor' interface as show. The datasheet also gives the basic data protocols used - that it's all written in French doesn't help me - that, using a 'scope and serial analyser should be straightforward to decipher.

In other words, all the information you need is there in the datasheet. But if you want someone to 'do this for you' then you might come across another issue........

To sum up:

1. Build the interface (or tap into the signal inside the device)
2. Determine the baud rate and serial protocol used
3. Extract the information

Note - some digital oscilloscopes have built-in protocol decoding that may make this easier.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
https://ampac.net/products/xp95-addressable-detection/

bit extra info above......as suspected, the "tag" with the number is the address tag for each device.
The address must be able to be extracted with some additional interface or monitor.
Suggest you get onto the manufacturer or sales rather than "play" with rather important piece of gear trying to add uC etc.

Mahmoud_nasr

Mar 20, 2023
The data sheet you link to shows the basic schematic of the power and data lines (both are the same) and it should be relatively simple to extract that data as required using the same 'bridge-and-transistor' interface as show. The datasheet also gives the basic data protocols used - that it's all written in French doesn't help me - that, using a 'scope and serial analyser should be straightforward to decipher.

In other words, all the information you need is there in the datasheet. But if you want someone to 'do this for you' then you might come across another issue........

To sum up:

1. Build the interface (or tap into the signal inside the device)
2. Determine the baud rate and serial protocol used
3. Extract the information

Note - some digital oscilloscopes have built-in protocol decoding that may make this easier.
the document below is the datasheet of the xp95 detector in English please help me to control the detector with an arduino, stm32 or esp32 card I want to display on the screen (serial monitor: ardino) the address of the detector who detects the fire

Attachments

• Apollo_XP95_Addressable_Detectors.pdf
    953.1 KB · Views: 6

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Quote from specs....as I said, you'll need the interface supplied from the manufacturer.

ADDRESSING AND COMMUNICATIONS Each XP95 device responds to interrogation and command from central control equipment. It communicates to the panel information on status, command bits, type, location, and other information that allows an alarm to be raised even when the device is not itself being interrogated