Jan 28, 2013
hello
i wnat to convert squarewave to sawtoothwave in 1MHz ,
i use this way but not workd well
figure_01.gif

please guide me another ways that worked this conversion

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
Look up a op-amp integrator. It does what you want. A good way to learn about it would be to get the book 'Op-Amp Circuits and Principles' by Howard M. Berlin. It has a chapter on integrators and differentiators.

Regards

Dan

Last edited:

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Actually, an integrator, without additional circuitry, would give you a triangle wave. You need something to short the capacitor at the end of the cycle in order to get a sawtooth.

A '555 with a constant current source to charge the cap would work, but probably not at 1 MHz.

Bob

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Can you post a link to the article you showed in post #1?

Tell us exactly what you want to do.
Is your input frequency fixed or variable?
What do you want to use the output sawtooth wave for?

Give us an overview of your project. Then we may be able to suggest a better way to do it.

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
BobK said:
Actually, an integrator, without additional circuitry, would give you a triangle wave. You need something to short the capacitor at the end of the cycle in order to get a sawtooth.

Man, that totally slipped my mind. :oops: Sorry about that, I guess I'm not as awake as I thought I was. :p

Dan

mohamadzi

Jan 28, 2013

A '555 with a constant current source to charge the cap would work, but probably not at 1 MHz.

Bob

thanks but exact way that use nmos parallel with capacitor and discharge it at positive edge of squrewave rapidly and again
the capacitor charge by current source.it is well work at simulation
but my problem is i can't implement this way by descret component so i must use different way to convert square to sawtooth

mohamadzi

Jan 28, 2013
Can you post a link to the article you showed in post #1?

Tell us exactly what you want to do.
Is your input frequency fixed or variable?
What do you want to use the output sawtooth wave for?

Give us an overview of your project. Then we may be able to suggest a better way to do it.
i want to set the pulse width so convert it to sawtooth and then generate squarewave with modified width

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
You could do that with a monstable circuit. If the period of the monostable is adjustable and less then then period of the sqarewave, just trigger on the rising edge of the sqarewave and adjust the period to get the desired pulse width out.

Bob

mohamadzi

Jan 28, 2013
You could do that with a monstable circuit. If the period of the monostable is adjustable and less then then period of the sqarewave, just trigger on the rising edge of the sqarewave and adjust the period to get the desired pulse width out.

Bob
do you any suggestion circuit or book as source to read more about your idea?

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Try googling it. A monostable multivibrator will go high when it sees a clock pulse and stay high for a period based on a capacitor and resistor. A '555 can do this, but, as I said before, it will probably not reach 1MHz.

Bob