Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How do I prevent LEDs from dimming?

bigjayman

Feb 3, 2013
I'm just getting into the electronic tinkering hobby. I currently have 3 (white) LEDs that light when turned on, I have 2 other LEDs (red and blue) that are individually ran through switches that only light when the button is pushed. When one is lit the 3 dim a little, when all 5 are lit the 3 dim quite a bit. I have to assume there is a simple solution to prevent this and generally when I have a stupid question Google has the answer but all I'm finding is dimmer switches for LEDs. If it helps they are all powered by a 9v battery with the 3 white LEDs sharing one resistor, the red and blue each have their own. Any advice would be appreciated.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi there
welcome to the forums :)

it mite be an idea for you to show us the schematic of your circuit
and also a sharp well lit photo or 2 of your construction

else its really difficult to know what is happening :)

Dave

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Besides what Dave advised I'd like to add not to expect much juice from a 9V battery. They have their place in electronics but not as a powerhouse.

Chris

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
They have their place in electronics but not as a powerhouse.

Worth repeating, I come across this all the time, seems everyone wants to us 9V batteries for everything... And on that subject I have also come across many that want to use an A23 cell for this or that because it has 12 Volts as if that is all that is important, all the while oblivious that it only has a 55 mAh capacity, that is nearly useless in most applications except very low power short term stuff...