Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How is first figure drawn here in fuzzy logic? I know how second figure is drawn tho.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The first figure is the same as the second. It only shows the 2 components µA and µB separately whereas the second figure shiws the resulting composite µAuB.
Graduating soon???

shivajikobardan

Oct 21, 2021
The first figure is the same as the second. It only shows the 2 components µA and µB separately whereas the second figure shiws the resulting composite µAuB.
Graduating soon???
The secnd figure is union of the first figure. But I don't understand how the first figure has been drawn bro.

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
Bro, dude, chum, I think the first graph is another example, unrelated to the maths above.
Short answer: You can't get the first figure from anywhere. It's an example.
Poor slide? Yes.
It appears that he has not defined the membership function {} used in the maths. I can't see any obvious definition that leads to a graph similar to the lower graph. Conclusion: they are not related. Just two separated examples of using MAX() as union of fuzzy sets.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
At around 4:00 in the video the teacher explains µA and µB as two sample membership functions. These are totally unrelated to the first example using sets A, B and the union of these, C. Nowhere in the video does the teacher make a direct connection between these two examples.

shivajikobardan

Oct 21, 2021
At around 4:00 in the video the teacher explains µA and µB as two sample membership functions. These are totally unrelated to the first example using sets A, B and the union of these, C. Nowhere in the video does the teacher make a direct connection between these two examples.
thanks sir, means a lot to me.

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
Ok,I had watched it too; did the same as you. You said it better than I did. :)

Kabelsalat

Jul 5, 2011
Software tip: In Inkscape, you can draw any arbitrary shape (closed path) - draw two overlapping shapes and you can do boolean operations on those.

Um, is it just me felling the Deja vu ?