Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to deal with learning plateau in electronics engineering?

shivajikobardan

Oct 21, 2021
My tips for myself(that aren't actually working lol)

1) Follow a good course from a good teacher.

2) Read it aloud.

3) Practice the same thing multiple things to get insights. deliberate practice. I am doing a course on artificial intelligence(deals with robotics) and man I feel so hard this thing.

What else can I do to overcome this learning plateau? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fpksOvK5bLVC5C0njB-fNPgzOwj4GjqW/view These are the types of questions I need to deal with and where I am facing this learning plateau..

Also can I ask artificial intelligence questions in this forum? Artificial intelligence is both electronics and cs subject, so I am confused if I can post it here or not?

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
What else can I do to overcome this learning plateau?
1: practice
2: practice
3: practice
Get together with your fellow students, discuss the topics, learn from each other.

can I ask artificial intelligence questions in this forum?
Of course you may ask, but imho chances are low you get a satisfying answer. There are sure more specialized fora out there to help you with this topic.

shivajikobardan

Oct 21, 2021
Of course you may ask, but imho chances are low you get a satisfying answer. There are sure more specialized fora out there to help you with this topic.

What are those foras? one is cs.stackexchange, what else except that. this forum has been really helpful for me for electronics.. ai is also electronics subject as well. eg neural network, deep learning is full on electronics. conjunction of cs and electronics i mean.

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
What's the question? Trey it anyway. :)
There's a lot you can do in AI that has no explicit electronics. Once you get abstracted into software, much of it becomes rather independent of the platform, except of course, you always want a biiger, more capable platform.

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
BTW: 653 1. should probably read ... the Turing machine.... they missed out "machine" or maybe "test"

DickFreed

Aug 6, 2021
I sometimes wonder if electronics is just something you get or don’t. Similar to kids that can play things like pianos quite well with not much training. For example, I’ve played guitar/piano for 20 years, putting in lots of effort. My much younger cousin far surpassed me in piano ability in about his first six months, without even trying.

My electronics experience seems to be about the same judging by spending a lot of time in said forums. I’ve stared at the stuff for probably 15 years and still don’t really get anything much at all.

But when I think about it, i am much improved. Books that were absolute jibberish at one time, are now somewhat readable to me. I remember looking at schematics at one time and having no clue where to start. Now I can successfully build intermediate circuits with not much mental anguish. I’m a much better builder now for sure. For example, I looked at a build your own radio kit last night i had done a couple years ago, and there were no less than three transistors put in backwards. I was like, “WTF was I doing?”

I’m no EE, but am working on an associates in electronics at our local community college. What I notice with those younger peeps is that 95% put almost zero effort into learning anything. They just complain about how hard it is. Our teacher lets us work in groups, and generally what happens is that everyone crowds around one or two people, shoot the terd for three hours, and then just copy answers from those one or two that actually did the labs. Once again, zero effort.

For now, I’m still way ahead of those one or two that actually put in effort, but I sit there thinking if only I had attended school at their age, where I would be today. I also think about how much further ahead those one or two will be ahead of me, by the time they get to my age. They might not get the math and such right now, but soon enough it will click for them as long as they keep trying.

I don’t think there is a magic formula for overcoming plateaus, other than just not quitting.