Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to disconnect ribbon cable

abador

Jun 19, 2016
I recently have taken on fixing tvs as a hobby I recently got my hands on an Amazon tv and I am trying to remove the boards. I do have some experience with electronics including a few college courses but I am fairly new to fixing tvs. I found this ribon connection but it goes into a connection I have never seen before. I am not able to remove the ribbon connection and the board unable to be removed at this time. There are also some thinner wires that are glued into the connections on the board. I will try and post a picture of the connection but I have been having a bit of trouble uploading the picture I have.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
The only ones that are UBER critical are the one (s) ? tieing into THE LCD display itself . . . .
There, you have mere microns thick of vacuum deposited / sputtered conductive metal patterns that are formed on a glass substrate, then needing to be connected to, to interface into a real world wire connector.
Only the factory messes with them during manufacturing.
You also need MODEL SPECIFIC info on that AMAZON TV . . . . . not the . . . . Well . . . I have this here car . . .type of info given so far.