Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to find Area of Hysteresis?

EFDG

Jun 11, 2016
Hello,
I have learn some basic of hysterics in Physic lab i need help how to calculate area of the curve as i was not present in class.
hysteresis_loop.jpg

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
One approximate method is to simplify it into a parallelogram

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
try googling for "how do i calculate the area of a parallelogram?"

EFDG

Jun 11, 2016
open in chrome it ask for h and b

how to get height?
and shape is also different.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Have you tried drawing a parallelogram which approximates the shape you have?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
so now use the formula to calculate the area

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Hello,
I have learn some basic of hysterics in Physic lab i need help how to calculate area of the curve as i was not present in class.
hysteresis_loop.jpg
For non-analytical areas like the one shown above, print the curve on heavy paper and carefully cut the outline out. Weigh the cut-out with an analytical balance. Compare the weight against a square or rectangular cut-out of known area. The areas will be proportional to the weights you measure.

In actual practice, after cutting out the hysteresis figure, try to estimate the size of the square or rectangle that will produce nearly the same weight as the hysteresis figure. An iterative approach, trimming one edge of the square or rectangle until it closely matches the weight of the hysteresis curve, will provide the quickest results. Carefully measure the height and width dimensions of the square or rectangle of matching weight. The area is the product of the height and width.

EFDG

Jun 11, 2016
For non-analytical areas like the one shown above, print the curve on heavy paper and carefully cut the outline out. Weigh the cut-out with an analytical balance. Compare the weight against a square or rectangular cut-out of known area. The areas will be proportional to the weights you measure.

In actual practice, after cutting out the hysteresis figure, try to estimate the size of the square or rectangle that will produce nearly the same weight as the hysteresis figure. An iterative approach, trimming one edge of the square or rectangle until it closely matches the weight of the hysteresis curve, will provide the quickest results. Carefully measure the height and width dimensions of the square or rectangle of matching weight. The area is the product of the height and width.

I will remember this trick
as i dnt have weighting instrument

EFDG

Jun 11, 2016
you people are genius.
so now use the formula to calculate the area

I have done it is similar to square i think
but the shape is of outer curve is slightly different.
will it not make any lag in area?
ok, what we conclude from this area while measuring hysteresis loop i was not in class at that time.