Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to fix usb port problem?

Pavle

Sep 21, 2015
I have Samsung galaxy s3 neo.
OTG cable and otg ir remote device worked fine and after few days it won't detect my otg cable and otg ir remote device until I pull otg cable little up and hold it and some time when I connect otg cable it says usb connector connected and usb connector disconnected and repeat that many times.
How to fix this?
I tried using another otg cable and still have problem.I don't have problem with usb charger.
Data transfer between PC and Android is working fine.

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
I think your Micro USB socket in the phone has gone faulty. Get it serviced by an authorised Samsung agent.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
I think your Micro USB socket in the phone has gone faulty. Get it serviced by an authorised Samsung agent.
Hmmmm, how does that fit with "I don't have problem with usb charger" and "Data transfer between PC and Android is working fine"? These suggest that power as well as data are connected.
I tend to see this as a software issue.

@Pavle Have you tried resetting the phone to factory presets?

Abhimanyu

Sep 17, 2016
You can factory reset your phone and then check. It happened to me also. Sometimes it's the firmware problem also.

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
The charging requires just 2 lines in the usb; during Data transfer 4, and the phone acts as a slave. But using as an OTG adapter requires more contacts to be linked - the phone needs to be "informed" that it needs to perform as a Host.
The fact that physically moving the connector does intermittently give the required operation is a clear sign of physical damage.