Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to interface TOSHIBA TC 9164 ic to arduino

Arjun vs

Nov 20, 2017
I want to know how to interface TC9164 IC is a analog switch control via spi communication please help me

Attachments

• tc9164.pdf
    401.6 KB · Views: 115

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Everything you need to know is in the datasheet you linked to. Do you have a specific issue to be resolved?

Arjun vs

Nov 20, 2017
Everything you need to know is in the datasheet you linked to. Do you have a specific issue to be resolved?
Yes I don't know how to start and how to use it .I am a beginner in embedded system I am also used many ic's with their library but I don't know how to use it without library

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Find an Arduino sketch that configures for serial data by creating 'clock', 'data' and 'latch' lines. Such configurations are often used for shift-register applications like message board controls (scrolling text displays). Alternatively program three i/o pins yourself and 'bit-bang' the signal.

i.e. Load the respective register(s) with data according to the settings for the device you wish to control and according to the data sheet page 5. Start with an 'all-off' signal to guarantee a known switch-on state for the gates and prevent spurious power-up events.

Send the data/clock/sync as required...... (serially shift your data to the data pin, increment your clock, repeat until all data is out then send a sync pulse).

The analogue switch device isn't bi-directional (data-wise) so you can't monitor the status of the switches other than by checking that their outputs are working by some other means.

Arjun vs

Nov 20, 2017
Find an Arduino sketch that configures for serial data by creating 'clock', 'data' and 'latch' lines. Such configurations are often used for shift-register applications like message board controls (scrolling text displays). Alternatively program three i/o pins yourself and 'bit-bang' the signal.

i.e. Load the respective register(s) with data according to the settings for the device you wish to control and according to the data sheet page 5. Start with an 'all-off' signal to guarantee a known switch-on state for the gates and prevent spurious power-up events.

Send the data/clock/sync as required...... (serially shift your data to the data pin, increment your clock, repeat until all data is out then send a sync pulse).

The analogue switch device isn't bi-directional (data-wise) so you can't monitor the status of the switches other than by checking that their outputs are working by some other means.
Can you send me the code please

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
I am a beginner in embedded system I am also used many ic's with their library but I don't know how to use it without library
You won't do yourself any favours by simply obtaining the answer from someone else.

It's not a complicated programming technique - in fact it's one of the basics of serial comms - and you'll benefit enormously from learning how to do it yourself.

The basic description I gave is ample information for you to take onwards to develop your own solution.

Arjun vs

Nov 20, 2017
K sir thank you
I asked to you that I have only knowledge in electronics but in embedded system I am a child and didn't get any trainings for this I am creating with my own idea
Thank you for your corporation