Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to make a fan unit RF dmx controllable

EricWalker

Dec 5, 2012
I am looking to make a fan unit RF dmx controllable.. I am looking for solutions. My idea is to use a Crydom switching unit to "dumb" down the power needed to turn on a fan unit that requires 120v. From the crydom I want to connect a dmx switch that handles 0 to 10 volts, yes I want to control the variable speed of the fan, and I want to have the ability to control fan wirelessly - so I have to have a send and recieve transmitter..Help..

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hi Eric,
Welcome to theElectronics Point Forums :)

cant help you on that particular problem... hopefully some one here has had some experience inthat field

Dave

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
You've posted in the right part of the forum. Dave was just saying that HE couldn't help you. Since no one else has responded, you can probably assume that no one here can help you.

You should have used a more descriptive title for your thread - mention DMX, fan, varying speed, and wireless control. This helps people to tell whether the thread is something they might be able to help with or not, so you get the most appropriate people reading it.

You can check on the forum thread listing page to see how many times your thread has been viewed, and compare this to other threads.

You can't change the thread title but you could post a new thread. The moderators don't like this, but you could include "(repost)" in your new title, and in your post, you could ask them to merge the two threads and use the new title.

If no one here can help you, you could try other electronics discussion forums, i.e. other web sites. Do a Google search. Good luck!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
You should have used a more descriptive title for your thread - mention DMX, fan, varying speed, and wireless control. This helps people to tell whether the thread is something they might be able to help with or not, so you get the most appropriate people reading it.

Done :)

Dave