Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to make setup and measure the frequency response for TDM MIC ( ICS-52000)

KRK

Jun 20, 2017
Hi All,

Here we use TDM MIC (ICS-52000) connected with audio process which provide BCLK and LRCLK to MIC and get the output.

But we know how to measure the frequency response for the same. Please reply if you know the details.

Thanks

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
Why bother measuring its frequency response? It is horrible. It is flat from 100Hz to about 3kHz like a cheap old AM radio.

What sound source do you have that produces a flat or calibrated frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz?

KRK

Jun 20, 2017
Why bother measuring its frequency response? It is horrible. It is flat from 100Hz to about 3kHz like a cheap old AM radio.

What sound source do you have that produces a flat or calibrated frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz?

Thanks for your reply. We used TDM mic and which serial data out to processor. We isolate the MIC out from processor and validate the Freq response. MIC- Wide Frequency Response from 50 Hz to 20 kHz . My question is which tool is used for this measurement. We have APx585 audio precision analyser. Is this OK for measurement and please guide how to interface this one. please let me know.

KRK

Jun 20, 2017
Thanks for your reply. We used TDM mic and which serial data out to processor. We isolate the MIC out from processor and validate the Freq response. MIC- Wide Frequency Response from 50 Hz to 20 kHz . My question is which tool is used for this measurement. We have APx585 audio precision analyser. Is this OK for measurement and please guide how to interface this one. please let me know.

>> The sound source like my voice or provide some sine tone signal ( 1-KHZ ) near to mic

Audioguru

Sep 24, 2016
You do not understand what "frequency response" means. It means how much change in level there is for all sound frequencies between 20Hz and 20kHz. You test it with a sound source with a very flat frequency response (not available) or with a sound source with its frequency response calibrated to be flat.

The frequency response shown in the datasheet is horrible (its low frequencies response is reduced and it has a high frequencies rise to a peak at about 22kHz. The frequency response graph from its datasheet is here:

Attachments

• ICS-52000.png
    ICS-52000.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 90

KRK

Jun 20, 2017
You do not understand what "frequency response" means. It means how much change in level there is for all sound frequencies between 20Hz and 20kHz. You test it with a sound source with a very flat frequency response (not available) or with a sound source with its frequency response calibrated to be flat.

The frequency response shown in the datasheet is horrible (its low frequencies response is reduced and it has a high frequencies rise to a peak at about 22kHz. The frequency response graph from its datasheet is here:
Thanks. I don't understood. My customer asked " how to tap the mic freq response ". How to measure or any other tool is there?