Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to make tracks in veroboard

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
Hi there,
I am using veroboard (Pad per hole) in my electronic projects . But it is difficult to make tracks in veroboard. Sometimes i have used leads of resistors and LED's for making tracks. But that is not practical every time. And sometimes i've used plastic wires as tracks. But that will make weaker connections. Please help me to find a method that is very easy and inexpensive. Thanks in advance.
Regards
Vinod

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
you should be able to create solder bridges between the leads, just put a little on each pad (a little more than normal) and just bridge it, the other common alternative is to use insulated wire from one pad to another, as long as its soldered on both ends the connection should be perfect.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
It sounds like you're using matrix board, not veroboard.

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
It sounds like you're using matrix board, not veroboard.

Hi Steve,
Yes...It's Matrix board. I can't make long tracks in it. By the way last day i etched a pcb, but i can't remove toner from it. None of my local shops have Acetone. Is there any equivalent of Acetone?. I am planning to remove toner only from pads. I would like to leave the tracks with toner. Does this protect my tracks from oxidation?.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
Abrasive kitchen cleanser and a 'green' scrubber will remove the toner just fine, do you have nail polish remover in India? If so that is generally acetone or an equivalent solvent and should work, some alcohols will work as well, so will gas, kerosene and lighter fluid... If you want to prevent oxidation you can put drops of mustard (yes the stuff you put on your food) on the pads, let it dry then spray the board with paint... Wash the board under warm water with soap and a soft brush, the mustard will fall off leaving clean pads and painted traces... You can of course use the special latex resist they sell for this purpose but mustard works plenty fine for the home user...