Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to trigger relay with RF

PATMURPHY

Jan 6, 2023
Hi All! looking for guidance/schematic sketch on how to trigger a 12 vdc relay by sensing RF wirelessly. the source of the RF would be in close proximity to the relay. No more than 24 inches. The relay would close a set of contacts when it receives RF and open again once rf is no longer present. Thanks in advance.

lona

Jan 6, 2023
To trigger a relay with RF, you will need an RF transmitter and receiver. The transmitter will send a signal to the receiver, which will then activate the relay. You can use a variety of RF frequencies, such as 433MHz, 868MHz, or 915MHz. its all about electronics for example electric longboard cost.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Cost around $10 off the shelf any online shop.
Tx, Rx relay, all done, the works.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Hi All! looking for guidance/schematic sketch on how to trigger a 12 vdc relay by sensing RF wirelessly.
A tuned circuit (resonant at the required operating frequency) with its output connected to a detector/amplifier (could be as simple as a capacitor/diode arrangement and switching transistor) can be used to trigger a relay.

You don't specify frequency or use - as others have answered, there are probably existing systems available off-the-shelf to do what you propose.

HANKMARS

Jul 28, 2019
Hi All! looking for guidance/schematic sketch on how to trigger a 12 vdc relay by sensing RF wirelessly. the source of the RF would be in close proximity to the relay. No more than 24 inches. The relay would close a set of contacts when it receives RF and open again once rf is no longer present. Thanks in advance.
I am a novice in remote control technology. I am sending an attachment that shows the simple system I use. Available at Amazon. Not sure if it's kosher to reference Amazon. Today's prime member cost listed 15.99. Two remote fob style transmitters, one receiver unit with two onboard DPDT relays. Modes include toggle, momentary, and one more that escapes me at the moment. Simple programming sequences but programming instruction is difficult to extrapolateREMOTE CONTROL RELAYS MILO 1.1.png.