Maker Pro
Maker Pro

How to use DC power supply to power AC powered appliances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daprinzce

Aug 1, 2018
I have a project to build a DC-DC inverter. How do I use DC voltage supply to power AC powered appliance without converting DC to AC?

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
You can't, unless the appliance will work with both AC and DC.
Welcome to EP!

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
An inverter is a circuit that converts DC to AC. If you build a "DC to DC inverter" it is a DC to AC inverter followed by a rectifier. So just leave off the rectifier.

Bob

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
An inverter is a circuit that converts DC to AC. If you build a "DC to DC inverter" it is a DC to AC inverter followed by a rectifier. So just leave off the rectifier.

Bob
Whilst true, that statement doesn't take into account the inverter operating frequency which, for DC-DC converters, is usually in the 100's kHz or even MHz region whilst your standard AC mains source is only 50 or 60Hz and not compatible in this sense.

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
am interested to run my cooking appliances on dc, while the dc powered by ac, thereby having the electric in order, less chaotic, less detrimental to health, while not limited in duration on voltage/wattage power
how can that be done >?
Theres always a dc version of an ac appliance, it could be an effector difference, or what it uses as its gizmo's. everything dc wll run off batteries and no need for oscilation.

They say computers run with dc, but it actually isnt true, they are on ac for feedback, only feedforward systems with no output back redependance on input dont need ac. so feedforward perceptrons are the dc version of computers.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
They say computers run with dc, but it actually isnt true, they are on ac for feedback, only feedforward systems with no output back redependance on input dont need ac. so feedforward perceptrons are the dc version of computers.
What an utter crock of doo dah's.....

seriously, you should leave the technical stuff to people who know about it - stop guessing or worse, fabricating 'theory'. You are WRONG.

ivak245

Jun 11, 2021
What an utter crock of doo dah's.....

seriously, you should leave the technical stuff to people who know about it - stop guessing or worse, fabricating 'theory'. You are WRONG.
I get a good laugh out of his posts- written by the same mob that try to sell "power crystals" and other snake oil!

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I get a good laugh out of his posts- written by the same mob that try to sell "power crystals" and other snake oil!
I knew you were going to say that but then again... I use a crystal ball!
But my real passion is reading and I made the cover of this book.
photo_1678785194884.png

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Another one of @dragon 's totally misleading posts in an old thread from 2018 -> locked.
@star : I'll move your post and the fitting answers to a new thread of its own.
Please do not hijack other threads, especially not when they are this old.

Status
Not open for further replies.