Maker Pro
Maker Pro

'Human body only" sensor

Docria

Sep 21, 2019
Hi
I want know a electronic sensor 180 degree upto 5 to 10 mtr available in the world.
It only must be sense human only. not animal and other moving object

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Use a camera and suitable detecton software to identify humans.

Reactions: JMW

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
Are the humans in view wanting to be detected? Or for example, not wanting to be detected?
Give an idea of what's going on?

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
Heh, another one of those "I'm about to climb a mountain blindfolded, which way is the mountain?", topics.

A suitably trained dog could do that, then you acoustically couple this sensor up to a bark-detector circuit. :D

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
Good luck with that. Manufacturers for the security alarm industry have been refining "motion sensors" and other "human detection" devices for decades. I put "motion sensors" in quotes because the only true motion sensor I can think of, off the top of my head, is an accelerometer; which does't lend itself to use in an alarm system. ;) I use the term "motion sensor" because it's part of the jargon, but those sensors actually detect the effects of motion (shifting ambient infrared pattern, shifting frequency of microwave or ultrasound, blocked light beam, etc); and there are random environmental factors that can duplicate all those effects.

I'm restraining myself here, rather than fill up this thread with text that may not even be relevant to your situation. Trust me, I could easily write a thousand-word essay on the subject, off the top of my head, of all the environmental factors that trigger "human detection" (a.k.a. "intruder" in the alarm industry) devices when no humans are present. The bottom line is, I don't think you're going to find a true humans-only.

They've come a long way in reducing the false positives that cause false alarms, and most users don't have problems with false alarming. most of the time. Users who leave pets roaming freely at home when they're away are a different story. A lot of motion sensor brands advertise "pet-immune" motion sensors, but that's sales hype, as any service tech can attest. "Pet-immune" motion sensors are far and away more pet-tolerant than a decade ago, but as yet, nobody has developed a true pet-immune sensor.

If it happens that you're looking for sensors to detect intruders, I can probably give you some good advice on how to minimize potential false positives; provided that you can give us more information on what you're trying to protect. Security alarm systems are all, by their nature, customized to the premises being covered. There is no "One Size Fits All."

dave9

Mar 5, 2017
There are cameras with built in firmware and software that can do human detection, but this is still cutting edge stuff and (consumer grade products especially, for the time being) are bound to have both false detections and failure to trigger human detection at odd angles and larger distances.

They aren't very expensive now, Foscam and others make some under $100 USD, and do a fair job of discriminating between humans and objects like a wind blown bush, but are not a reliable way to filter out animals or detect ALL human activity. Intruders could probably just put a big cardboard boxes over themselves and move slowly to avoid detection, but they'd need to know where the cam was and that they needed to do that. Most would just wear a mask and work quickly instead.

https://www.foscam.com/Faqs/view/id/240.html

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
For maximum security, another human being is the best and most reliable detector of another human being. Trained dogs, however, come in a close second, and dogs are good at detecting and following a scent trail if pursuit and apprehension are necessary. A trained-up human and dog pair is a hard combination to beat for human detection.

If you want something more mechanical and/or more electronical, you will have to wait a few more years for the technology to be developed. The best minds are working on it as we speak. Be prepared to spend big bux to be an early adopter, but expect prices to plummet within a few years as competition will be intense.