Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hunting specific, possibly rare tact switch, please help. DJ CD Player

mitchiemasha

Oct 25, 2013
Hi there, I always involve myself in simple electronic projects but this is my first visit to this forum.

Hope i'm in the right place and someone can help.

The board is out of a Numark CDX turntable style CD player. I've been looking for the switch to go in the top of the picture. it's the same as the white ones. They are very thin.

Basically with out this switch the CD player doesn't know the CD has come all the way in to spin up the disk. The CD is instantly ejected. I've soldered a tact switch on wires to this board that hangs out side of the unit. Pressing this switch at the exact right time will get the CD to spin up and load. Obviously timing this is a pain, rarely works. I'd love to get this deck back to normal.

I've been looking for the switch, on and off for over a year now. Please can someone help.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi mitchiemasha and welcome to Electronics Point :)

Go to http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/switches/snap-action-limit-switches/1114207?stock=1

In the "Circuit" field, select "SPST-NO"
In "Switch Function", select "OFF-Mom"
In "Mounting Type", select "Surface Mount, Right Angle"
Click Apply Filters
Below that, in "Quantity" enter 1 and click Submit.
Click the upward-pointing triangle in the "Manufacturer" column in the results table.

C&K make switches that look a lot like the ones in your picture. Omron have a few that might be suitable too.

Find the close matches using the images. For mechanical details, click the PDF icon next to the image to see the full data sheet.

Good luck!

mitchiemasha

Oct 25, 2013
I've looked through the list a few times now and non seem similar enough. There are a few with out pictures which i looked into further. They seem even more not what i need. Is there any more sites like the one linked or should I try modifying something from them?

Thank you for the help.

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
You can try mouser.com, and you can try Googling mail order electronic components. If you can't get an exact match, yes, you could try modifying something similar.

ianuragit

Nov 24, 2016
Though an old question but still completing it.

These switches are often called detector switch or micro detection switches.

a sample datasheet of ones from omron: http://www.omron.com/ecb/products/pdf/en-d3sk.pdf

Hi there, I always involve myself in simple electronic projects but this is my first visit to this forum.

Hope i'm in the right place and someone can help.

The board is out of a Numark CDX turntable style CD player. I've been looking for the switch to go in the top of the picture. it's the same as the white ones. They are very thin.

Basically with out this switch the CD player doesn't know the CD has come all the way in to spin up the disk. The CD is instantly ejected. I've soldered a tact switch on wires to this board that hangs out side of the unit. Pressing this switch at the exact right time will get the CD to spin up and load. Obviously timing this is a pain, rarely works. I'd love to get this deck back to normal.

I've been looking for the switch, on and off for over a year now. Please can someone help.

mitchiemasha

Oct 25, 2013
Thank you very much... I did end up selling the units as faulty some months back but it's good that this information is added. I may have to fix some in the future and it will help others.