Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I am a pretty new electronics guy trying

sasnfbi1234

Mar 20, 2012
like I said i'm pretty new.

so I was wondering if i could get some help from a person who knows more then me. thanks in advance

so here is my question:
using one of these two products
thing one
thing two
I want to make a device that when plugged in it will flash from one color to another and another.

a lot like in the picture on the second link.

So i do know micro-controllers and resistors etc . so I'm not a total newbie, but It would be great if some one would help me out,

thanks in advance

Sam

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
Do you just want to see the 3 basic colors or do you need combinations? Do you need to match brightness (luminosity) from color to color? Do you need just a simple repeating sequence, or something more complex? Is there a reason why the product shown in your second link isn't adequate?

sasnfbi1234

Mar 20, 2012
while i do have experience putting board together i have none designing them so i would not even know how to design that.

I need it to flash a lot of different colors but a repeating sequence would be fine. i just need it to be a long sequence . i would like to match luminosity (but its not 100% needed) and also i need the change in color to be pretty quick. (this is for a rock show)

thanks for your reply,

sam

Last edited:

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
The documentation for the ShiftBrite product offers a program for the Arduino microcontroller.