Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I am confused plz help

matt pickel

Apr 17, 2015
Ok first, Hi my name is matt. New to the sight. So here is my question. I have a old midland 3 watt 4-tr Audio amplifier. It was given to me and im not to sure what i can do with it. I have a 10k pot hooked to it as well as the speaker. But i think i may be confused on what this is. Can any one help?

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
We can probably help you out if you give us the model number.
Typically, an audio amplifier takes an input signal from some other device, a radio, CD player, record player, or the like, and amplifies the audio signal so you can hear it on speakers.
Just hooking a pot/speaker up to it, without inputting an audio signal from some device like the ones listed above, won't do anything.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi ya Matt

can you take several pic's of it input/output sockets
and control panel etc
maybe a pic of the circuit board.
what model is it ?

cheers
Dave

matt pickel

Apr 17, 2015
Thank you. The modle number is 14-623. I was for what ever thinking that Hooking a pot to it ment it was a small radio but i understand now. Lol kinda feel dumb... thanks guys...

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I just did a quick Google search of your amp. (You should too, for more complete information).
It was designed as a mono (as opposed to stereo), amplifier for use in guitar applications (but can be used for other mono purposes).
Hope this helps.

matt pickel

Apr 17, 2015
It dose and i found the same thing. Thats what brought me here..... i am good at electronics and when this was given to me i confused it for something else simply. But still thank you.