Hello, could someone with more knowledge than me in electronics, help me what I have done wrong?
I have a acr ms2000 strobe light. It is the size of a cigerette packet and runs on 2 AA batteries. I think it works by filling and up a capacitor and then releasing the charge into the bulb producing a flash every 1-2 seconds, its quite a simple device i'd say.
I tested my strobe light to see much current it uses, by connecting the two probes to the AA battery terminals as shown above. As far as I know the tailcap connects the two battery terminals when in use so I didn't see a problem with connecting them with the multimeter. The multimeter was on the 5a setting. The display showed about 1 amp then i removed the multimeter.
I then tested the strobe light again by switching it on, but it was varying in frequency of the flashes by the angle I held it at, then I turned it on again shortly later and it stopped working altogether as it doesn't flash anymore.
I have somehow electronically broken something inside by doing this but i dont understand how could someone let me know?