Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I have a new design for an oscillator!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
What do you guys think of this.

So it works by having one capacitor charged and one capacitor dead, then i discharge them into each other through an amplifier, and then it causes them not to just even their charge together, the charges exceed each other, and then you get an oscillation.

I simmed it in falstad but I only got 4 hits out of it at best, but it always at least delivered 2 hits one on each side! I have to think about it more, but I might need to bias it to delay when it before it starts amping the other side because it seems to stall, I'm not sure what to do yet.

But this is my big success! If this osc works its going to be in my computer when I put it together.

"amped discharge oscillator"
or how I end up saying it -> "ampt discharge oscillator" or just even without a t at all. :)
newosc.png

Last edited:

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
@dragon
Where are you from? And located?.
I’m trying to work out if English is your first language. Because you seem to understand something that nobody else does!. I’m just curious.

Martin

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
Look mate, I'm just a westerner the same as everyone else, Maybe had too many parties and now I'm a little slower than I used to be.

This oscillator is very similar to the ordinary vanilla 2 transistor multivibrator except im amping the discharge and charging the other capacitor, instead of amping the charge, and discharging the other capacitor. its just backwards.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
So the world is made up of westerners?
You are definitely from the US of A!.
Anyway,do you mean an A stable vibrator?

Martin

dragon

Oct 31, 2022
Nah I'm an Australian, we have the wild west here too, yes astable multivibrator.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
If it doesn't MAINTAIN oscillation then it isn't an oscillator.

... and you need to check those shrimps you put on the barby..... a few might have been off.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
yet another nitemare thread from you, Dragon.
You really need to go and read up on basic electronics, there are tons of e-books
youtube tutorials etc

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.