Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I need a charger for a power bank ...

SickSquirrel

Aug 5, 2016
I bought a folding device that charges several things at once via USB ports. I plan to use it for iPad, iPhone and Kindle. It has a 10,400 mAh power bank. I need a charger for that.

I searched Amazon and found a power bank charger by Qualcomm. It appears to be what I need but I'm not electronically smart. I searched Google and found you guys.

If I search Amazon with Prime for "10400 power bank charger" I see many brands but some don't appear to be very powerful. I liked the RAVPower model but it sounds like a telephone charger only.

Can y'all help a confused lady out with your Amazon recommendations? Thanks very much

LightShow

Jun 9, 2016
I bought a folding device that charges several things at once via USB ports. I plan to use it for iPad, iPhone and Kindle. It has a 10,400 mAh power bank. I need a charger for that.

I searched Amazon and found a power bank charger by Qualcomm. It appears to be what I need but I'm not electronically smart. I searched Google and found you guys.

If I search Amazon with Prime for "10400 power bank charger" I see many brands but some don't appear to be very powerful. I liked the RAVPower model but it sounds like a telephone charger only.

Can y'all help a confused lady out with your Amazon recommendations? Thanks very much

is it charged via usb or barrel style charger?

SickSquirrel

Aug 5, 2016
I honestly have no idea. It came without instructions. I can contact the seller but offhand it has a micro USB port on the front and two USB ports on the side. I'm assuming the micro USB plug has a regular USB plug on the other end, so probably a USB-connector to a recharger.

I bought it new on eBay but no paperwork came so I keep asking the seller questions. He's not responded yet about this and I'd rather hear from electronics folks than a seller.

Hope I helped ...

LightShow

Jun 9, 2016
if its charged off micro usb then you can basically plug it into any usb port. a computer would even be able to charge it. and yes usually power banks have the same connector as phones. ;)

SickSquirrel

Aug 5, 2016
I don't know what type of connector is used. The seller recommended an Anker 13000 mAh. But, my unit is 10400 mAh. Seems too strong, right?

SickSquirrel

Aug 5, 2016
I asked the seller about wrong mah and he now says don't use a charger to charge a charger, use a wall outlet.

So, any Amazon recommendations for it? He's telling me one day to buy the Anker, then says not to.

Podium Gadget Stand with Built-In 10,400mAh Power Bank for Smartphones & Tabets

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Charge it with a wall plug charger with a USB connector output. You need one with at least 2A capacity.

Bob

LightShow

Jun 9, 2016
So you were trying to charge a power bank with a power bank?
they should always be charged via a wall socket

SickSquirrel

Aug 5, 2016
So you were trying to charge a power bank with a power bank?
they should always be charged via a wall socket

It's what was recommended. That's why I searched Google and came here. The seller tries to help but not enough. He said the Anker model I posted was good. He didn't tell me I Eeeed a USB/micro USB cable. I thought of it after buying it. Luckily Best Buy online had one on sale with free shipping