May 30, 2016
Hi there I need advocates to keep my electronics working

I need a wind up clock to charge my devices

I keep paying clock makers but they wont make the device

I need hundreds of them to do my projects

I can pay for you to advocate

I need this

Here is the device

It is a hand crank dynamo phone charger on a wind up clock with a self winding mechanism.

I need this for my electronics,

its the only way to keep my devices powered

Please advocate for this

I truly need this device

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Not sure why you're using the winding mechanism. The energy put into winding it will be the same as that from cranking the generator in the first place - minus losses of course.

Your primary need would be to store the energy produced from a hand cranking device to allow it to be used (discharged) over a longer period of time. Whilst I realise this is what the winding mechanism does, it's an added 'interface' with the appropriate losses between them.

Use the hand crack generator to charge some super capacitors and discharge it according to your needs.

James Matheson

May 30, 2016
Not sure why you're using the winding mechanism. The energy put into winding it will be the same as that from cranking the generator in the first place - minus losses of course.

Your primary need would be to store the energy produced from a hand cranking device to allow it to be used (discharged) over a longer period of time. Whilst I realise this is what the winding mechanism does, it's an added 'interface' with the appropriate losses between them.

Use the hand crack generator to charge some super capacitors and discharge it according to your needs.

It's amazing how many people want to argue instead of saying yeah I'll advocate. I need this for underwater research. It's can't be hand cranked underwater

James Matheson

May 30, 2016
It's amazing how many people think we can read minds.
As long as you care but I can pay for advocates. The problem is doing this alone has made me very angry. I had a lot of arguments. Only arguments. No one agreed and after 9 years I started getting frustrated. Please forgive. That's why I need an advocate. Ive been fighting so long I don't even know what it means not to fight.
I hope my ill-manners doesn't change your knowledge that we must keep electronics powered to be able to do research. Again please forgive me errors in communication.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
You're not the first - and no doubt won't be the last - to be 'reluctant' to be fully informative in your initial post. There are countless posts where we've had to request greater details and the more we are told, the more we can assist.

Where there may be issues of intellectual property rights you will have to decide whether being totally up front (and getting the answer you need) or holding back (and ending up frustrated) is the way to go.

Any advice given on the forum is freely given and attracts no payment - if you wish to make separate arrangements with individuals that suggest they have information you would be willing to pay for is entirely your (and their) decision.

I keep paying clock makers but they wont make the device
Do they say why they won't make them?

its the only way to keep my devices powered
are you quite sure about that? The power levels generated by hand cranking a dynamo are, basically, minimal. Do you have the figures for the actual power requirements? Modern batteries and/or super capacitors have enormous energy storage potential.

You've probably heard all this before but - perhaps the people you approach recognise that you may be wasting your time and money and they are reluctant to take advantage? I don't mean that to be disparaging of your efforts in any way but if you are prepared to disclose the details of your project we might be able to offer unbiased advice and suggest a possible way forward.

James Matheson

May 30, 2016
Thank you for your patience
For one I have limited time.
I took all my breaks and now everyone hates me for what I did. They are furious I made this.
Here's the 30 minutes one
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7zGdOVSpBptUYw9y1

But when he made this because I did this alone it was severely mentally painful.
I mean it hurt a lot and I had to stop.
I didn't know about super capacitors
I couldn't get him to make the gears smaller to last longer I had no one helping and it was very burdening. If a simple group helped it would have been done but everyone forced me to work alone and it caused a lot of problems. Since then I learned ceramic bearings do best to stop friction and smalled gears makes it work longer. But at the end I can't do this alone. I can power super capacitors to power the drill but at the end alone doesn't work. That's why it's advocates or we live a lie fed to us by the solar industry

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
It's amazing how many people want to argue instead of saying yeah I'll advocate. I need this for underwater research. It's can't be hand cranked underwater
But it can be wound up?
You can always gear the dynamo a specific way, or provide a different type of handle to allow it to be cranked underwater. It doesn't have to be turned incredibly quickly by the user.

Let's Continue with requirements.
- How long must it last on a single charge?
- Does it need to be cranked or turned underwater?
- Do you have any size constraints?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
this thread seems to be going nowhere with a lot of unanswered questions from those trying to help

@James Matheson if you think you can answer some of those Q's and provide much clearer info
PM me and I will reopen the thread for you to post those responses

thread closed in mean time

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.