Maker Pro
Maker Pro

i need help with my campus assignments

yurianDV

Nov 28, 2018
so i got an assignments about making a scientific journal and i think i mistakenly choose a difficult title
so i shout my group title about making a "Portable Clothes Dryer(battery power)" and i cant find any reference about a clothes dryer using a battery as a power. if anyone has any idea or reference about Portable Clothes Dryer, or Battery Powered Iron, or maybe battery powered heater or anything that has a connection about battery powered heat control, i will be pleased

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Using battery power for methods such as you suggest (clothes drying, ironing etc) is not going to work. The energy input required is enormous. A typical drier used in the home may consume some 2kW/hr of energy. This is the equivalent of around 3 to 4 CAR batteries PER HOUR.

This is why you don't see any 'designs' using batteries!

If you a referring to a simple 'rotating clothes' holder then you have more chance of succeeding - a motor/gearbox system driving your typical garden clothes drier may be a practical solution but that's more of a mechanical design than electric.

ChosunOne

Jun 20, 2010
No, use the battery to power a fan to increase airflow which in turn will let the clothes dry faster.

That was exactly my thought, Harald, but then I noticed yurlanDV is in Indonesia, a nation of tropical islands along the equator. I'd guess there is a lot of wind and breezes already blowing very humid air in the wet/monsoon season that makes an electric dryer desirable in the first place.

I've never entertained the idea of a portable clothes dryer before, but I can see where it could be useful, at least during the monsoon season. Kellys_eye is right that trying to use a battery to heat clothes is a losing strategy, but I think Harald might be on to something with using a battery-driven device to augment solar drying somehow. A heliostat with (a) lightweight mirror(s), maybe aluminum foil, comes to mind.