Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I need reference of this voltage regulator (PIC)

kayohf

Oct 10, 2011
I have one Gateway M-6750 (or SA1) and i need to replace this guy (15):

But this reference is useless to me, i cannot find the motherboard schematic diagram. Someone know anything about this voltage regulator? Voltage??

Thanks!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Great photo -- thanks for that.

Fortunately the legs are named G, I, and O. That pretty much tells me that its a three terminal regulator (or at least it's what springs to mind first).

I would wonder why to want to replace it, but, here's some stuff to so anyway:

1) measure the voltage across G and I pins. This will be a little above the output voltage (why -- it's a small device so it can't dissipate much power, so either the voltage drop across it or the current are very low. In any case, the designer will almost certainly have used the most suitable input voltage available)

2) Measure the voltage between G and O. If it is working, and the load is not excessive, this will tell you the output voltage.

3) double check that the G pin connects to what looks like ground on the board, and that I connects to what looks like some positive rail.

I don't have my SMD reference handy right now, but I suspect that "15" may match a lot of devices.

Perhaps if you can look up the specs of the SOT-23 package and confirm whether this is a SOT-23 device?

TBennettcc

Dec 4, 2010
That's a great picture, kayohf. How'd you get that nice of a picture? What camera did you use? Any special lenses?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
a small "reverse engineering" of concerned part of the board should help

I agree. My list of codes suggests the same things plus some zener diodes and TVS diodes, but these are unlikely as they are internally 2 terminal devices.

I'd try to map out the circuit nearby. Especially revealing would be capacitors that are located physically close and connected to this device.