Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I think I need some prototype boards and a...

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
:D
These eprom carts I need to get making

they fit a small factor(ISA ?) 14 pin cartridge style input to my old vintage synths 14 pin slot(ISA?).
:D
They were originally blank EPROMs on 14pin boards about an inch and a half in width.
:rolleyes:
I need either a pc-card board that will plug into the old 14 pin out with a cable out to my own standard prototype, :(
or a 14pin ISA adapter card that I can swap eproms in. And either way I will need a schematic from the original EPROM copyright from ensoniqs SD-1 and a "Stor-Cart32" schematic from the repair manuals so I can build my own.:cool:

They don't make these cartridges anymore, and I can't find anyone who will make them.
I need some for synth pitch tables, or I wouldn't be asking, . Any good ideas where I might stick this cart?
I would be very proud of any techs who could find me the parts i need...:)

tedstruk

Jan 7, 2012
Cartridge image

This is the entire cartridge and the plud end.
I suppose I could probably crack the case and duplicate the contents, if I could find the parts...
I really need to build a prototype on a cable I think!

Attachments

• HPIM2967.jpg
    HPIM2967.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 179

Resqueline

Jul 31, 2009
They're called (PCB) edge connectors, and the male connector can't be bought. The concept was to use the PCB itself as a connector to save space & money.
I doubt experimental cards can be had either. You'll need to make them yourself, knowing the "pitch" (probably 0.1") and the number of "fingers" (2 * 15 ?).
The PCB is surely double sided and the fingers gold plated. Then you'll have to copy the EPROM pin to edge connector connection scheme.
If you want to use EPROM's to store the data you may find it's hard to get hold of & program such small sizes that were used back then.
An option is to use a bigger EPROM. It can then hold several programs and you can then add a switch to select which section to use.