Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I want to make a microphone/ headset controller for my pc

MSIPoweredGamer

Dec 4, 2020
So I have been doing research for a long time and cant seem to find anything. I want to make a controller that I can connect my computer, my microphone, and my headphones to. I want to be able to control Mic on/off and mic volume along with controlling bass/treble/volume for the audio out put for head phones, Without hearing the mic or having the headset signal go back to the pc. I would like to keep the left right signal for the headphones but that is not needed. Dose anyone know how to make a circuit or code for this using switches potentiometers etc. (I am ok with having two pc connections for mic in and audio out if needed) I have some very very basic coding experience but its been a while. Thank you in advance!

note: If something like this exists online for ~75 or less please tell me Thank You. The Picture is Kind of my idea (please excuse the bad MS paint skills).Wiring project example.PNG

Last edited:

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
I guess the normal answer is either a usb headset or analogue components + software to control every aspect of the sound, on off, volume, tone controls.
Seems most of what you ask for is provided by the sound hardware of the computer and software controlled.
If you have a need for the controls being hardware, you might want to search for small sound mixers. There are many sorts available, with a variety of inclusions, mic preamps, mixers, tone.

MSIPoweredGamer

Dec 4, 2020
I guess the normal answer is either a usb headset or analogue components + software to control every aspect of the sound, on off, volume, tone controls.
Seems most of what you ask for is provided by the sound hardware of the computer and software controlled.
If you have a need for the controls being hardware, you might want to search for small sound mixers. There are many sorts available, with a variety of inclusions, mic preamps, mixers, tone.
Thank You for your help