Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I want to start manufacturing my own line of CCTV Cameras

Frankka

Aug 7, 2012
Hi Im a bit of a newbie, self learning some general electronics, but I was seeing if anybody on here would like to get involved in a project with me.
I am thinking of purchasing a whole batch of these Camera Chips and adding some telescopic lenses and IR LED Arrays to make UK made cameras, as it where.
The casing has to be waterproof and I was looking more in to it, and this seems to be my problem, I just dont know where to start on making it totally waterproof as such.
If anyone can give advice or tips, or better yet help me make some it would be perfect!:)

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
May I suggest you devote more time to a game plan?

You have not given much information at all about your intended goal...

As for water proof it all depends on the application, a plastic bag might work well in some applications while a highly developed plastic or metal container might work well in others... And there is the in between where a over the counter project box might be perfect...

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
Hi Im a bit of a newbie, self learning some general electronics, but I was seeing if anybody on here would like to get involved in a project with me.
I am thinking of purchasing a whole batch of these Camera Chips and adding some telescopic lenses and IR LED Arrays to make UK made cameras, as it where.
The casing has to be waterproof and I was looking more in to it, and this seems to be my problem, I just dont know where to start on making it totally waterproof as such.
If anyone can give advice or tips, or better yet help me make some it would be perfect!:)

Sounds like you are trying to reinvent the wheel here, there are plenty of cheap security cameras out there that are waterproof

If you are dead set on getting this off the ground though, I would say start with the electronics and get that working

Next see if you even need a lens/telescopic lens (unless you want to make them remote controllable) or just a clear shield for easy cleaning.

Finally now worry about the packaging, you can always find some packaging to fit your circuitry but you cannot always fit your circuity to fit your packaging. Not easily anyways.

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
The term "Water Proof" means different things to different people. As an old scuba diver water proof meant good to 300 meters. This is the depth my old dive watch was guaranteed to. No, I've never been below 175 feet. :D

As others have said, you seem to be engineering this backward.