Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Wanted: I would like to hire someone to build an electronic toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotophor

Oct 8, 2014
That would work.

If it was me, I would have bought the sound module with the built-in switch instead of the wired switch, and I'd just buy the vibration switch as a bare component from Adafruit rather than the Arduino module. Then I'd open up the sound module, remove the built-in switch and install the vibration switch in its place.

Some questions that are not yet answered: how does the sound module behave if it is retriggered while it's playing (does it ignore the extra trigger, or does it stop what it's doing and jump to the next sound file, or something else?) If its retrigger behavior is not as desired, it should be possible to devise a small one-shot circuit to limit retrigger frequency to about the same as the sound files' durations.

Last edited:

stevejuggler

Apr 12, 2015
That would work.

If it was me, I would have bought the sound module with the built-in switch instead of the wired switch, and I'd just buy the vibration switch as a bare component from Adafruit rather than the Arduino module. Then I'd open up the sound module, remove the built-in switch and install the vibration switch in its place.

Some questions that are not yet answered: how does the sound module behave if it is retriggered while it's playing (does it ignore the extra trigger, or does it stop what it's doing and jump to the next sound file, or something else?) If its retrigger behavior is not as desired, it should be possible to devise a small one-shot circuit to limit retrigger frequency to about the same as the sound files' durations.
This is why I only bought one of those things. I will try to rip open the one I have and see if I can gain any clues from it. In the mean time I will order one of the other type (with the onboard push-button switch) and see if I am able to execute your suggestions. Also, to answer your question about the functionality of the sound module: It DOES instantly trigger the next sound file in the sequence. If the trigger proves to be too sensitive when put in place, I guess I will have two options: I can find a less sensitive trigger, or I can try to implement your other suggestion. Once again, thank you all so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.