Maker Pro
Maker Pro

I2C Central Error Handling

DudeManBro09

Aug 6, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping to get some more opinions to supplement my own.

I am hoping to optimize my system to use I2C to handle all of my error reporting.

My system may be understood by the attached photo.

My system is made up of only UNO's and each of them has their own internal processes, however I want warnings and errors to be reported to the a central error handling UNO as the attached diagram shows.
The "Worker" UNO's have their own processes and will continue about their individual business as long as the "All Good Flag" is High(A HIGH GPIO read on the "Workers" side) .

If the Central UNO detected a catastrophic error it would shut the entire system down by pulling the "All Good Flag" Low.

I am anticipating the I2C lines to remain decently quiet. I am looking to make use of the I2C on the "Workers" side so that whenever there is an error on one of the "Worker" Processes the "Worker" will send the error to the "Central" Board where it catalogs which board sent the error and decides what to do with the said error.

I believe that to best achieve this I would make the "Central Error Handler" as the Master(Listener) and the "Workers" as the Slave(senders), however I am a bit unsure as to how to implement a this sort of system.

Note: All Uno's are within 2 feet of each other.

Any Guidance is extremely appreciated.

Thank you all in advance,
Carlo Bocatto

Attachments

• ErrorHandling.JPG
    ErrorHandling.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 102