Maker Pro
Maker Pro

ID a motorola diode

santu3

Jan 9, 2024
First of all, I'm so sorry I know this is an old discussion but the topic is very important I am appealing to the admin. Please approve my post, How can I identify an obscure, vintage Motorola diode with a cryptic marking (MK57589349) despite common search methods failing? Can anyone answer my question? I will be very helpful

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Mod edit: Moved to a new thread so the reference to the "old discussion" is no longer valid.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
First of all, I'm so sorry I know this is an old discussion but the topic is very important I am appealing to the admin. Please approve my post, How can I identify an obscure, vintage Motorola diode with a cryptic marking (MK57589349) despite common search methods failing? Can anyone answer my question? I will be very helpful
Knowing the context of its use would help as generic replacements are often easy to identify and source. Got pics of its location on the circuit board?

stevediaz

Jan 16, 2024
Identifying an obscure, vintage Motorola diode (MK57589349) can be challenging. Here are quick suggestions:

1. Search for datasheets or documentation from the era.
  2. Contact NXP Semiconductors, which acquired Motorola's semiconductor division.
  3. Ask for help on electronics forums like EEVblog or Electronics Stack Exchange.
  4. Consider reverse engineering if you have the skills and equipment.