Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Identify a PCB

Bo-Lennart

Mar 31, 2023
Hi...I'm a Sdwede and I new to this forum.
Wonder if someone can help me to identify a PCB I got.
Think it's from an old ELEKTOR project.
It's labeled: 82001-2 (not sure about the first figure, but it looks like an eight to me)
It seems that there is place for a couple of 14 and 16 pin dil-circuit.
And some 24 and 28 pin DIL-circuit.
If You recognize the PCB, please let me know where I can find the project that includes the PCB.
I have had the PCB for a long time, and I guess the projekt is from the 1980 to 1990.
I would be very greatful for any help.

Best regards from SWEDEN
Bo-Lennart Karlsson
[Mod edit: E-mail removed to protect privacy]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bo-Lennart

Mar 31, 2023
Thanks for Your reply.
Yes, I been to that website, but no luck.
I attach 2 photos of the board. One at the soldering side and the other at the components side.
The size of the PCB is 20 cm by 10 cm.

Best regards
Bo-Lennart

Attachments

• IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0998.JPG
    IMG_0998.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 15

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Yes, Elektor used hex-shaped pads since issue no.4 way back in 1975. I don't recall them ever using round pads....

Bo-Lennart

Mar 31, 2023
OK, Bertus and Kellys_eye, You are probably right. I must say that I am not sure that it's a ELEKTOR PCB.
But long time ago, I thought that ELEKTOR labeled their PCB like the way my PCB is labeled
It's labeled : 82001-2. Am I completely wrong?
I don't know where or when I got this PCB. It always pop-up then I look throw my junk-drawers from time to time.
And I always think, what is this PCB for?. I have always thought that it's a ELEKTOR PCB.
OK, I think it would be best if I put it in the litter-bin, so it not make me confused anymore.
Thank You for Your time tried to help me.

Hope I could help You in the future.

Thanks to all who tried to identify my PCB.

Best regards from Sweden
Bo-Lennart Karlsson

Bo-Lennart

Mar 31, 2023
Hi again....I will give the PCB a last try to be identified what it is.
I installed IC-socket to the board, so it would be easier to recognize to some who might be familier with the board.
OK...
- the upper row: the black socket is 14-pins, and the green socket is 16-pin
- the second row: (same as upper row) the black socket is 14-pins, and the green socket is 16-pin
- the third row: to the most left: 14-pin, and the two to the most right is 18-pin
- the fourth row: the socket to the left is 24-pin, and the 2 at right is 28-pin socket.
- and the IC-socket at the bottom is a 24-pin socket.

Is there someone that can identify my PCB, and tell me where I can have some more information, like an article.

Best regards from SWEDEN
Bo-Lennart Karlsson

Attachments

• IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 6

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
It's possible to 'reverse' engineer the board to get an idea of the parts that fit and, maybe, determine its purpose.

There are only a limited number of 24 and 28-pin 0.6" DIP devices and you should start by determining which pins are connected to Vcc and GND. Some of these devices seem to have an 8-bit (data?) bus too. Using the pin numbers for the data and comparing it to devices that exist might get you started.

Once you identify the 'key' device it should be easy to get an idea of what the board is meant to do and, perhaps, trigger your memory as to what it's original purpose was.

If you can post a clear top-down (not angled) view of the board I'll have a 'think' and see what I can figure out fits.

kingcrediepcb

Mar 24, 2023
Thanks for Your reply.
Yes, I been to that website, but no luck.
I attach 2 photos of the board. One at the soldering side and the other at the components side.
The size of the PCB is 20 cm by 10 cm.

Best regards
Bo-Lennart
It is a very simple single-sided FR4 PCBs. There is no soldermask, no surface finish.
If you do need this board, I think you can find a factory who can copy the board for you.

bidrohini

Feb 1, 2023
I think posting this to elector forum may help. If it is thier pcb, they are supposed to know more about it.