Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Identifying Tab & Receptacle Housings (Tyco?)

jstluise

Aug 14, 2012
Hello all,

I am doing some electrical rewiring on a motorcycle and all of the connectors are the tab and receptacle type, with various number of positions per housing (3P, 4P, 6P, etc). I am in need of some of the tab and receptacle crimps (which are held by the housings), as well as some of the housings themselves.

The closest I found are TE Connectivity's FASTIN-FASTON Quick Disconnects. They seem to have the right sizes tabs/receptacle and correct spacing, but the housings are not quite right. Mine have locking features and the FASTIN do not.

Here are some pictures I took of some of the plugs. I will take some more, as I did not think it would be this difficult to find.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

There are to different sized tabs, with 1/4" wide being the largest. The smaller ones just seem to be a mini version.

I thought these were called "Tyco" plugs, but I haven't had any luck searching.

Any information would be great!

Attachments

• iaANE.jpg
    iaANE.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 308
  • jQBMD.jpg
    jQBMD.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 266
  • YD1bu.jpg
    YD1bu.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 279
Last edited by a moderator:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
If it's a Molex or Tyco connector, it will have a very small series number imprinted on it
somewhere. You'll need a magnifying glass and a little patience, but those brands
put their series numbers on each connector.
They never list the complete part number, but if you know the series, you have a good
start in identifying the exact part you need.
I'd give that serious consideration first, just in case the connector is marked.
Autop/motorcycle connectors experience considerable vibration in use, and a tight
fit will prevent problems in the future, once you have the connectors mated.