Maker Pro
Maker Pro

In Wind Turbine, DC Motor is rotating from battery energy, discharging the battery after charging.

BhanuShashanka

Jun 21, 2023
Hi,

I'm using a DC Motor (RS 775) to charge Lipo 2900 MAh battery, through 5A Constant Lithium Charging Circuit and Power bank circuit.

DC Motor > 5A Constant Lithium Charging Circuit > Power bank circuit > Lipo Battery.

Motor is rotating by discharging the energy from the battery through input terminal of power bank circuit (don't know for sure, just a guess) after charging through wind power.

I'm illiterate, I don't know much about wind turbine or circuits. So, please help me understand how to resolve a problem.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I'm illiterate, I don't know much about wind turbine or circuits
That doesn't matter we're here to help.
You must steer the energy to move in one direction -> forwards only to your battery pack. You are allowing it to move <- backwards. Diodes are normally used for steering.
Your battery bank is the heart of the system, within the charge
discharge, specifications.
Therefore Your Lithium Charging Circuit > Power bank circuit > Lipo Battery. I think you need to tell us additional information because you will connect your brushed DC motor which is now a generator, you must regulate the (DC) output to the battery bank...what is the battery bank voltage?
5 amps constant current, your battery pack controller will do that if need be. How are you controlling the turbine? Feathering, braking, furling.
Sorry this is furling.
Specifically automatic mechanical furling it uses the wind and gravity so your turbine will always face the wind.

1700864136925.png
In high winds, how are you limitting excessive charging?
Dump loads, controller.

Last edited:

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I'm illiterate, I don't know much about wind turbine or circuits.
Think you will find they are mostly AC output.
Reason why alternators are used in motor vehicles these days as it produces a greater output (3 phase to boot) from lower revs and simple regulator.

BhanuShashanka

Jun 21, 2023
Thank you everyone for your replies, it was helpful.

I used 6A10 Diode to block battery from feeding the motor, but the battery is not charging or charging at a very slow rate.

The DC motor is producing 5V 0.30A to 1.10A, after converting the voltage to 5V, in normal to heavy winds, but the battery is charging only 1% after rotor spinning for an hour.

Please help me know, why the battery is not charging quickly.

It is a Lithium Ion 3.7V 2900X2 Mah battery.

RS 775 DC Motor > 5A Constant Lithium Charging Circuit > Power bank circuit > Li-Ion Battery.

https://robu.in/product/5a-constant-current-voltage-led-drives-lithium-battery-charging-module/ - 5A Constant Lithium Charging Circuit.

https://robu.in/product/18650-5v-1a...MI9Z2B5o2MgwMVlHt9Ch2cMA1wEAQYASABEgIL3PD_BwE - Power Bank Circuit.

https://www.amazon.in/THEMISTO-pass...2942MgwMVwqNmAh2wIw3sEAQYAiABEgJHavD_BwE&th=1 - RS 775 DC Motor.

Last edited:

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Welcome to the world of reality where all the greenie crap stops......

At what speed are you driving the dc motor..???
You can expect to run it at perhaps 10,000rpm to do any good what-so-ever.
For one thing it's a 12v motor......

Think along the lines of an alternator...much better in the physics department.

The parts you link to don't mean anything unless you show how you have it all connected.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The forward voltage drop of that diode is nearly 1V so you'll only get 4V at best from your generator and the charging module you're using has a lower input voltage of 4V so will barely operate.

Find a blocking diode with a low forward volt drop (schottky types are best) and see how that works.