Maker Pro

Indesit control board high pitch hum

groovejet

Feb 27, 2011
The oven in question is-
Indesit FID 20 WH

Control board
Invensys EL198/379.111

The hum is coming from a power relay which must be playing up......HF 115F-Q, its a 20amp relay with vertical fasten terminals and a coil voltage of 9vdc
http://www.switchtec.co.uk/catalog_relay.php?page=75

Would this relay cause the display to light up dim and would it cause problems with settings etc on clock etc, because this is what im experiencing?
On front of board theres alot of smd's but on other side not much! 2 elec caps and a metalised poly film cap , couple of power resisters ... not much.£
media.nl
reverse of board
New board is £80 , i wanted to sell it but the day i came to the above happend!!

Also when i initially wired oven up and turned on for the first time the oven light came on then straight off.
I can cook things no problem , it gets to temperature and works ok , as i can tell, its just the pesky display.

Last edited:

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Sure, it's possible the relay is bad, but it's also possible one of the SMD components is bad, (or the electrolytic capacitors I see on this side of the board), causing problems with the relay.
If this was me, I'd check on the price of the relay itself (Google it, the oven manufacturer will charge too much, if they'll sell it to you) And if it's inexpensive, I'd replace the relay and the caps, and see what happens.
If one of your SMD's is causing the problem, you'd be hard-pressed to figure out which one without a schematic.
Good luck.