Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Inductance and capacitance meter with AVR

rezarazeghi

Nov 7, 2012
Hi
My project is Inductance and capacitance meter with AVR . can you help me ?
I attach my file for you . in this file i simulate circuit in proteus with bascame but my simulate don't answer . i don't understand that what is it's problem ?
please help me

Attachments

• atmega8-LC-meter.jpg
    atmega8-LC-meter.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,561
  • Last Loaded R.zip
    60.8 KB · Views: 325

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Why do you want to simulate this design?
This is a complete project that includes firmware. You don't need to simulate it; you just build it!
You won't be able to do a useful simulation of it, unless you can simulate the hardware and the firmware, and the display, all at the same time. I don't think there is any simulator that will do this.
Can you explain clearly what you want to do? You said your simulator "don't answer". I don't know what you mean.

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
Kris, I believe that Proteus/Isis provides interactive mode simulation and imports the firmware from his code files.

Chris

KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
Kris, I believe that Proteus/Isis provides interactive mode simulation and imports the firmware from his code files.
Hmm, that's pretty cool. I wonder if it would simulate the LCD display so you can read the numbers on it...

KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
OK... colour me wrong! To the OP. It seems that you should be able to simulate the project... if there's any reason to!

rezarazeghi

Nov 7, 2012
Thank you very much.
But i'm almost sure that this circuit can not be simulate in proteus because LM393 is not supported by proteus.
in fact,LM393 doesn't produce pulse and untill microcontroller doesn't receive pulse,can't be measured frequency.maybe i'm wrong.

KrisBlueNZ

Nov 28, 2011
Does Proteus support ANY comparators? Any comparator that runs from 5V will work, for the simulation.

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
I have the Proteus-Isis lite version. Picaxe made a deal with them to support their chips. This is probably why Tina still has not provided live Sim with Picaxe chips but Tina does support a standard Pic for use in Interactive (live) mode. Tina links to the Pic code in much the same way as Proteus.

This is a screen shot of Proteus running a Curve Tracer I was building. I have a long history of not finishing stuff!! Anyway, this curve tracer uses two Picaxe 08Ms. One to generate the curves and the other as a serial output. If you look on the left side of the scope you'll see a DB25. This a virtual serial port. It is used to port data from the simulator to a serial port. In lower right corner you'll see a virtual terminal window. It's displaying the serial data sent to the port. The virtual port is bi-directional.

The reason for the serial port is because I was designing the tracer to be used with my laptop instead of a scope. If I ever finish this the serial output will port to VB6 which will read the serial XY data and generate the curves shown on the virtual scope. Once it's in VB I can automatically add text data to the curves.

Chris

Attachments

• CurveTracer.jpg
    CurveTracer.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 704

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
But i'm almost sure that this circuit can not be simulate in proteus because LM393 is not supported by proteus.

You can import PSPICE models into Proteus... There are many tutorials on how to do this and getting a LM393 PSPICE model is painless...

I would have a look at it in ISIS for you but ISIS is puking on this laptop (along with a few other things) and I have not finished building my new development computer so I'm at a disadvantage right now...