Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Infrared Portable Furnace Clinic CS-7SA R40A 8131

Lwozy42o

Jan 26, 2022
I have a infrared portable furnace that takes a "ClinaC CS-7SA R40A 8131" component of some sort. I'm guessing it's a thermostat of some kind. Well anyway i need to find a replacement for it. I searched and searched the web, found a lot of similar ones but none with the exact matching numbers. I still have another 2 months of frigid weather and this heater is my only way of heating my small house. My family and I would greatly appreciate if somebody could point me in the correct direction to purchase a replacement. I cant upload any pics for some reason as of now, but if that changes i will get some pics on here. Thank you to anybody that helps!

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Change your photos to approx 300kB.
That seems to be about right for this forum.
although nobody has actually confirmed this.

Martin

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Not a thermostat (as such) but a thermal switch - G00gle returns many suppliers for that exact part number so it should be readily available. The code embossed on it will show the switching temperature - I'm guessing yours is 131degC.

These are normally fitted as safety cut-outs (over-temperature) so, in that sense, a lower temperature rating will work (125degC is a common value) if you can't get the exact value but under no circumstances should you use a HIGHER rated version. Try to get the exact one but failing that stay within 5-10% of the rating.